1. How often are the summer Olympic Games held?
- The summer Olympic games are held every four years .
2. In which three years did World Wars cause the cancellation of the Olympic Games?
- 1916 1940 and 1944 are the three years that the Olympic games were cancelled.
3. What does IOC stand for?
- Ioc stands for international Olympic committee .
4. What does the winner of each event receive?
- The winner of each event a medal . the gold one for first place the silver for second place and the bronze for third place
5. Who founded the IOC in 1894?
- Then for 1500 years the Olympic Games weren't held until Baron Pierre DE
Concertina founded the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1894.
6. In which country were the rst Olympic Games (the ancient Olympics) held?
- The olympic games are a remarkable event with so many memorable moments .it is a event where dreams are achieved and sporting heroes made.
Make a poster:
Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- The name Brazil comes from a tree named brazilwood.
- It is called Brasil in Portuguese, the official language spoken in Brazil.
- Brazil is the only country in South America that speaks Portuguese.
- Portugal claimed the land of Brazil in the year 1500. Independence was declared in 1822.
- Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world by both land area and population.
- The population in 2012 was around 194 million people.
- The capital city is Brasilia, while the largest city is Sao Paulo.
- Other major cities include Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Fortaleza.
- In Brazil they drive on the right-hand side of the road.